Saturday, May 29, 2010

Saturday Update


Wow, what a week it's been. England start their final preparations for the World Cup by defeating Mexico 3-1 at home in Wembley Stadium in front of a full crowd. As mentioned in my previous post, I thoroughly enjoyed the ambiance at Kelly's Pub, which gave me even more inspiration towards my Footy Talk MTL project in the making.

I set out the week by researching several venues where I could watch the World Cup games. I have already decided on watching the England game one vs. USA at Kelly's Pub, the following England games are yet to be decided.

What I was interested in learning was, where exactly are the best spots to watch the other competing countries? So I went down the list in an attempt to organize my schedule for the first round of games. What sprang to mind immediately was simply creating an invitation, both openly here on this blog, as well as through Facebook, requesting friends to make suggestions, and or accompany me to the venue of your choice.

Park Extension for Greek games, perhaps, but where exactly? Little Italy or the East End for Italy games, but again, where exactly? I am even open to massive Football house parties, I can come visit you and the family and report on the ambiance and passion in your home, or even local community center.

Over the next couple of days I will be creating invitations on Facebook requesting spots to best watch the World Cup, World Cup Party invites, as well as giving you the opportunity to take part by messaging the invite discussion board. I have a few friends who have expressed their interest in watching games on certain days, so we will always have some extra people along for the games, sometimes even if their country is not represented. Stay posted for more details.

This week I was able to contact one of the members of the Montreal Impact Ultra's, you know the ones at the Montreal Impact game who actually create the real footballing atmosphere, the ones who sing for 90 + minutes, not to mention light flares like their European Fanatic counterparts!! He was quite enthusiastic about meeting up with me and expressed his sincere desire to have me come and enjoy the atmosphere of the Impact crowd from the perspective of the Impact Ultra's in their section at the Saputo Stadium. Of course, I am more than excited about doing so, and thus will be attending a game either tomorrow or next weekend. I will most likely be there on Sunday, cheering in section 114, Section of the ULTRAS!!!

Stay posted through the Blog, Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube for more info on the Montreal Impact Ultras! Keep in mind I am going to be attending a match with these guys in the Ultras Section, videos will be made... I better start rehearsing the cheers before I go!

In the meantime, I am keeping a close eye on England and their squad selection. More blogging to come on that topic in the coming days. I shall be keeping you posted about all the upcoming events and preparations for the World Cup in the next few days, until next time, keep on Footy Talking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment